Who We Are
Coughlin Porter Lundeen is a civil and structural engineering firm. Focused in the Pacific Northwest, we partner with clients across markets to bring unique project visions to life. We were founded with the goal of exceeding the standards and services provided by engineering firms. And today, almost 30 years later, that vision continues to guide all that we do.
Our core values are the heart of who we are and guide how we work each day.
- Commitment to Quality, every drawing, every detail.
- Creativity, from project solutions to the way we define our roles.
- A “Client-First” Mindset, cultivating long-term partnerships.
- An Empowered Team, continued learning and development.
- Collaboration and Respect, with our clients and within our own professional work environment.
- Community, supporting the causes most important to our staff and city.
We are seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, planning, and overseeing civil engineering projects. They will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time and in compliance with all applicable regulations and safety standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Contributes actively with project teams to ensure timely fulfillment of various milestones. Assigns work and coordinates with technicians/interns. Stays organized and keeps Project Managers informed of progress.
- Performs basic storm water calculations including: Detention, Water Quality, Conveyance and TESC. Understands basic water and sewer layout and design.
- Contributes to various sections of storm water reports and is familiar with SEPA reports.
- Basic knowledge of King County and DOE storm water manuals and acknowledges differences between different jurisdictions.
- Reads and understands topographic surveys and civil drawings. Performs basic plan markups and interprets other disciplines drawings.
- Uses design aids and other in-house resources effectively; helps improve standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in relevant discipline required.
- 0-4 years of directly related experience.
- Licensure: Minimum EIT required and in process to get P.E.
- Requires effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must have initiative, be resourceful, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, manage time and projects, and multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Works effectively as an individual or as part of a project team.
- Requires fluency in English with strong verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with all levels of management, staff, and clients in diverse environments.
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite of software.
- Adherence to our core values.
- Ability to drive locally and travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to drive as needed to client project locations (primarily in the greater Seattle area).
- Able to travel by airplane domestically as needed for client projects (outside the greater Seattle area), campus recruiting, conferences, etc.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a computer, keying and reading content.
- Will be required to stand, reach, bend, twist, squat, and move about freely in an office environment. May need to be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to use office equipment such as phone, copier, printer, etc.
Benefits and Compensation
- $67,000-$84,000 per year (depending on experience and qualifications)
- Additional compensation for hours worked in excess of 40 hours weekly (paid quarterly)
- Medical (HSA/PPO), dental and vision (HSA includes company contribution)
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance
- Company funded ORCA card
- PTO (15 days starting)
- 8 paid national holidays (including 1 floating holiday)
- 401(k) matching
- Annual bonuses and profit sharing (at company discretion)
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Employee assistance program
Additional information regarding our workplace and benefits can be found here.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Coughlin Porter Lundeen provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.