In 2019, Coughlin Porter Lundeen celebrated 25 years of successful partnerships throughout the Puget Sound. We pride ourselves on providing a level of service and quality that is unmatched in the region. We work in many market sectors on both public and private building projects. Our clients include Microsoft, Amazon.com, Vulcan, Boeing, Children’s Hospital, Virginia Mason, Starbucks, Washington State University, and the University of Washington. Additionally, we are well known for our seismic retrofit work on notable historic and designated Landmark buildings in the region.
Located in downtown Seattle, Coughlin Porter Lundeen is an energetic engineering consulting firm that emphasizes quality and innovation. We are seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist who will come in and hit the ground running. The qualified candidate will be flexible and energetic with vast knowledge and experience in administration; a desire to learn; and the ability to support our employees with five-star customer service.
Oversee payroll processing, which includes:
- Maintaining and auditing the HRIS system, ADP Workforce Now
- updating employee profiles in ADP, entering changes/leaves/benefit enrollments/new hires/terminations, etc.
- Entering, reviewing, and reconciling payroll data to ensure accurate bi-weekly payroll submittals
- Running reports, record keeping, and troubleshooting with ADP client services
Support Principals and managers in all staffing matters including:
- Recruitment: provide support in all staffing matters from posting jobs, providing offer letters, running background checks, checking references, etc.
- Work to fill open positions with timely action, cost effective strategies and a positive experience for all candidates.
- Manage the Affirmative Action program.
- Onboarding: facilitate the onboarding process for new hires to acclimate to their position and the culture of the company even when in remote locations.
- Offboarding: conduct exit interviews and support the coordination of offboarding
Oversee company benefits program which includes negotiating renewals, managing annual open enrollment, maintaining relationships with broker and all benefit providers, and acting as a resource for employee benefits issues
Provide counsel, service and support to managers and employees with a focus on assuring positive interpersonal and professional relationships as well as career growth. Foster a positive working environment and handle employment-related issues including:
- Performance Reviews: oversee the ongoing development and administration of the performance management and review process and develop trainings that enhance the effectiveness of the process
- Training: support and design HR training content to either personally present or utilize outside professionals and in-house experts
- Support and develop leadership and staff development programs, policies, and procedures
Administration and Compliance
Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management including:
- Oversight of all HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal adherence to federal and state laws including FLSA, AAP, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, HIPAA, OSHA, I9/eVerify, etc.
- Processing paperwork for various government agencies (ACA, EEO), censuses, employment verifications, wage garnishments, unemployment claims, etc.
- maintaining and auditing personnel files and other HR documentation as needed
- Coordinating, tracking, and renewing State(s) and individual Professional Engineering licenses.
- Provide support to coordinating employees’ visa status, applications, and renewals utilizing immigration legal counsel
- Coordinating the semi-annual safety committee meetings
- Service as a back up to company switch board
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or another relevant field required. Master’s degree desirable.
- Five (5) years of directly related experience in generalist human resources functions to fulfill the duties as outlined.
- Active HR certification (PHR, SPHR, etc.) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of policies, processes, and general HR administration.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience with HRIS; ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify, and resolve problems in a timely and positive manner, viewing obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Requires effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to interact positively and productively (through written and verbal communications) across the organization.
- Must have initiative, be resourceful, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize, manage time and projects, and multi-task in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Requires fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time exempt position; compensation will be determined by the candidate’s qualifications. Position benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Our firm also offers a transit subsidy (Orca pass), as well as paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. We offer a generous retirement savings plan which includes company matching and profit sharing contributions, and all employees are eligible for merit bonuses.
We are committed to rewarding the hard work and initiative shown by our team members. As our business is founded on excellence in client service, creating careers for our employees – rather than just jobs – is key to maintaining the loyalty of our clients.
Additional information regarding our workplace and benefits can be found here.
Please send resume and letter of interest or requests for information to: email@example.com.